Makes: 6 Wraps
Rolled up in a whole-wheat tortilla are avocado, white beans, lettuce, and shredded purple cabbage that pack a powerful purple punch in this delicious vegetarian wrap.
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (make zest from juiced lemon)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon, juiced
- 2 cups Canned low-sodium great northern beans, drained, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup Fresh avocado, peeled, pitted, puréed
- 1 tablespoon Fresh garlic, minced
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups Fresh purple cabbage, finely shredded
- 6 Whole-wheat tortillas, 10″
- 3 cups Fresh romaine lettuce, shredded
1. Grate lemon rind on hand-held grater or citrus zester to make zest. Juice lemons. Set aside.
2. Purée beans in a food processor or a blender until smooth. Put into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Purée avocado, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, olive oil, chili powder, and salt until smooth. Mix into pureed beans. Add shredded cabbage. Mix well.
4.You may cover and refrigerate at 40 °F for no more than 2 hours to avoid browning of avocado.
5. For each wrap, place 1/3 cup of bean filling on the bottom half tortilla. Top with 1/2 cup of lettuce. Roll in the form of a burrito. Cut diagonally. Serve immediately.