To develop a more positive mindset:
- Remember your good deeds. Give yourself credit for the good things you do for others each day.
- Forgive yourself. Everyone makes mistakes. Learn from what went wrong, but don’t dwell on it.
- Spend more time with your friends. Surround yourself with pos- itive, healthy people.
- Explore your beliefs about the meaning and purpose of life. Think about how to guide your life by the principles that are important to you.
- Develop healthy physi- cal habits. Healthy eating, physical activity, and regu- lar sleep can improve your physical and mental health.
Adapted from U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration