Chickpeas are a good source of protein, carbs, fiber, and many other nutrients. They may help with diabetes, blood pressure problems, heart issues, irritable bowel syndrome, cancer, and provides
essential vitamins and minerals. This dish is a Plant-Based Protein and perfect for Vegans.
• water, or cooking oil
• 1 small onion, diced
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 15.5 oz. chickpeas, 1 can, rinsed
• 1⁄2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
• 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
• 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
• 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, op-
• 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a skillet over medium heat, add cooking oil or water and onions. Cook until onions are translucent,
3. Add the garlic and stir until fra-
grant. Transfer to a blender or
4. To the food processor, add the
chickpeas, breadcrumbs, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and egg. Pulse until a dough forms.
5. Use your hands to form 1-inch (2- cm) balls from the chickpea mix- ture. Place in rows on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until gold- en, flipping halfway.