Looking for a low-carb way to enjoy? Try these toasts made from. Make a big batch to keep in your freezer for an easy breakfast or healthy base for a sandwich (like grilled cheese!) any time.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 egg
- 1⁄2 cup vegetarian parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- additional topping, of your choice
1. Grate a cauliflower over a large bowl.
2. Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the grated cauliflower and mix evenly. Leave to sit for 20 minutes.
3. Pour the cauliflower into a clean kitchen towel and wring the water out.
4. In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, and remaining ingredients, (except your cheese and toppings) stir until well mixed.
5. Using a spoon transfer two hearty scoops of mixture to form each “bread slice” onto a skillet on medi- um-low heat for about 10 minutes, each side.
Add your favorite toppings such as avocado, cottage cheese, sliced turkey, eggs or whatever you are in the mood for!