By Lauren Kolacki
In our fast pace, jam packed lifestyles, we struggle to find the time to accomplish all of our necessary everyday tasks. To have the energy to go above and beyond that list…not many of us do. Quick life hacks are what our society lives for and we have accumulated a few to decrease the stress of your everyday chores.
1. Place 2-3 ice cubes into your dryer and put it on high heat. This combination creates steam and act in the same way an iron would.
2. Add a teaspoon of baking soda when you boil eggs and the shell will come off easily.
3. Boil a pot of water with orange and lemon peels thrown in right after you cook to neutral- ize any smells that may linger through your home.
4. Wash your shower or bath tub with a grapefruit and some salt. The combination of citrus and salt removes stain and leaves a pleasant smell.
5. Microwave a mixture of lemon juice and a half cup of water for about three minutes. The microwave will fill with steam, breaking down any hard to clean spills. After taking the bowl out just take a towel to wipe it down.
6. Instead of putting your fingers at risk every time you have to clean your blender, fill the blender with dish soap and water and turn it on. The soap will break down any residue and you’ll be able to just rinse at the end.
7. Applying shaving cream to your mirror, rids it of smudges and streaks. It even prevents your mirror from fogging during your shower for a brief amount of time.