By Stefanie Maglio
Thin hair, thick hair, or normal hair- does not matter in this case. Anyone looking to tame their hair while still looking stylish should have these five accessories.
1. The classic hair tie: Hair ties are available almost anywhere, including the dollar store. It’s always a good idea to have some handy for those not-so-great hair days or for when you need a quick and easy hair fix for on the go. The best part about hair ties is that the looks you can create are unlimited. Hair can be tied back in a simple pony for a casual look, or you can even add a braid or clip to spice things up. When you’re not using them, they can be easily accessed by keeping one or two on your wrist, almost like a bracelet.
2. Headbands: These are also a fairly cheap accessory that can be found in dollar stores as well. Headbands are great because not only do they have multiple uses, but they can be incorporated into a casual or fancy look. There are even elastic headbands that can be used as a larger hair tie for people with thicker hair making a bun. Headbands can be worn alone with the hair down, or can even be added to an up-do.
3. Bobby pins: It’s always a good idea to have a small pack of bobby pins at home and to keep a few in your purse. You may be having a great hair day, but that one stray hair just won’t stay in its place. This is where the bobby pin comes in handy.
4. Mini-comb: Whether it’s a mini comb or a mini brush, it’s a great idea to keep one in your purse to tame your hair throughout the day and get rid of any knots if needed.
5. Clips: There are all sorts of clips including fancy ones as well as simple ones for casual looks. It’s always a good idea to have one or two available for a quick up-do for the day, or it could be the main piece to your fancy up-do for the evening.