This dish is unbelievably rich, creamy, and also vegan.
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 ounces whole-wheat fettuccine
- 1⁄2 cup “no-chicken” broth (see Tip) or vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground white or black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as chives, basil and/or parsley
- Bring 1-inch water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add cauliflower and garlic; cover and steam until very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain well. Return the pasta to the pot.
- Transfer the cauliflower and garlic to a blender. Add broth, almond milk, oil, mustard, salt and pepper. Blend until very smooth and creamy. Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss to coat. Serve topped with herbs.