By, Pam Teel
This is a quiz for those who grew up in the 60’s. See if you can jog your memory. Some are trivia, some are catchphrases made famous by TV personalities. Don’t cheat. Go through the test first, then see how well you did with the answers below. OK Seniors- see how many you can get right!!!!!
- After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, “Who was that masked man?” Invariably, someone would answer, I don’t know, but he left this behind. What did he leave behind?________________.
- When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all watched them on The ____ ___________ Show.
- Get your kicks, __ _________ _______.’
- ‘The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed to _____ _ _____.
- ‘In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ____ ____ ____ ____.’
- After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we ‘danced’ under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the ‘_____.’
- Nestlé’s makes the very best…. _________.
- Satchmo was America’s ‘Ambassador of Goodwill.’ Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was ______ ___________.
- What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______.
- Red Skeleton’s hobo character was named ______ ___ ________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, ‘Good Night, and ‘________ ________ . ‘
- Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their ______ _______.
- The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? ____ & _______.
- In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, ‘the day the music died.’ This was a tribute to _______ ____________.
- We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called __________.
- One of the big fads of the late 50’s and 60’s was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the ______ _____ .
- Remember LS/MFT _____ _____/_____ _____ _____?
- Hey Kids! What time is it? It’s _____ ______ _____!
- Who knows what secrets lie in the hearts of men? Only The _____ Knows!
- There was a song that came out in the 60’s that was “a grave yard smash”. Its name was the ______ ______!
- Alka Seltzer used a “boy with a tablet on his head” as its Logo/Representative What was the boy’s name? ________________
- A silver bullet
- Ed Sullivan
- On Route 66
- Protect the innoc