This is a creamy and cheesy dish that has a lot of flavor! It can be used as a side dish while entertaining or for the main meal. You can use your fresh squash and thyme from your garden.
• 1 spaghetti squash
• 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
• 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 3/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
1. Place spaghetti squash in a large pot with an inch of water. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook 25 to 30 minutes, or until a knife can be inserted into the center. Remove from pot and cool slightly. Cut squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds, and using a fork, scrape out strands of squash.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, combine 3 cups squash and remaining ingredients; mix well. Place mixture in baking dish.
4. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until browned on top and heated through.