Pork tenderloin is a lean meat. It is an excellent source of protein, thiamine and vitamin B6. This recipe is simple and tastes great!
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1 1/4 pounds pork tenderloin • 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• Salt to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. In separate bowl mix dry ingredients such as garlic powder, oregano, cumin,coriander, thyme and salt. Stir mixture with a fork until all the ingredients are well combined and they form a seasoning. This will be used as a rub to ensure the pork is well seasoned throughout. Sprinkle the rub over the tenderloin with a dry hand, then rub the pork with the seasoning over both sides of the meat, pressing gently so the seasoning adheres well to the tenderloin.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté, stirring, for 1 minute. Put tenderloin in the pan and cook for about 10 minutes, searing each side using tongs to turn the meat. Transfer meat to a roasting pan and bake for 20 minutes. Slice and serve.