“Together We Can Survive”
Prescription drug spending has increased to 4.6 percent in 2019. It is estimated that the increase will continue, on average, each year 5.5 percent through 2027.
7 WAYS TO LOWER DRUG COSTS
1. Consider switching to generics or other lower-cost drugs.
There may be a generic or less-expensive brand-name drugs that would work just as well. You may be able to save money by using mail-order pharmacies plans.
2. Choose a plan that offers additional coverage during the gap.
There are plans that offer additional coverage during the coverage gap. However, plans with additional gaps coverage may charge high- er monthly premiums.
3. Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs.
Some pharmaceutical companies offer help for people enrolled in Part D. Find out whether there’s a Pharmaceutical Assistance Pro- gram for the drugs you take.
4. State Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs.
Many states offer help paying drug plan premiums and/or other drug costs. For example: PACE (PA), PAAD (NJ) & EPIC (NY). Find out if your state has a State Pharmaceutical Assistance Program.
5. Apply For Extra Help
Medicare and Social Security have programs that helps people with limited income and resources.
Note: You must qualify for Extra Help or a Special Needs Program.
- 6. Explore national and community-based charitable programs that can help with your drug costs like these:
- National Patient Advocate Foundation
- National Organization for Rare Disorders
- Benefit checkup
7. Find an independent Medicare certified
advisor with an AHIP certification.
An independent consultant is not considered an employee of a specific insurance compa- ny; therefore they provide expert unbiased Medicare guidance.
CLTC, CBC, AHIP Founder, Our Fight For Life
They are trained to help you with the entire Medicare selection and enrollment process. Most services are free. Find an agent on the National Association of Health Underwriters website: https://forms. nahu.org/consumer/findagent2.cfm
You can find us there at zip code 08823 serving the tri state.
P: (800) 220-7491 F: (732) 960-5207
Schedule Your Appointment Today!