These flaky and buttery biscuits can be eaten for breakfast, as a snack or a side dish. They are also made gluten-free and contain no wheat flour.
Makes 12 servings
• 1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
• 2 cups gluten-free flour blend, plus more for flouring • 2 teaspoons baking powder
• salt, as desired
• 2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
2. In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, gluten-free flour blend, baking powder, and salt until a dough forms.
3. Transfer the dough to a lightly-floured surface and flatten into a 12-inch (30-cm) disk.
4. Use a small cookie cutter to punch out 12 biscuit rounds.
5. Transfer the rounds to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
6. Use a pastry brush to brush the butter on the biscuits and lightly sprinkle the tops with salt.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, until the biscuits are set and just starting to brown.