Thirteen municipalities in the 12th legislative district will receive more than $3.25 million in grants from the Department of Transportation, Assemblymen Ron Dancer and Rob Clifton announced today.
“This funding will help get vital roadway projects moving and will make much-needed improvements for the benefit of motorists,” said Dancer (R-Ocean).
The towns in Dancer and Clifton’s district will use the money for roadway preservation, one of the seven project categories under the municipal aid pro- gram. The others include roadway safety, quality of life, mobility, bikeway, pedestrian safety and bridge preservation.
“Local commuters and families deserve safer roads, resurfaced roads and peace of mind when travelling in our district. These funds will provide a better and safer experience,” said Clifton (R-Monmouth).
NJDOT provides 75 percent of the grant amount when a town awards a contract and the remaining 25 percent upon completion of the project.
The following towns and projects in district 12 have been awarded funding:
MUNICIPALITY GRANT AMOUNT NAME OF PROJECT
Chester Township $244,000.00 Skyesville Rd Improvements Phase II
New Hanover Township $244,000.00 Cookstown Hocamick Road
North Hanover Township $240,000.00 Schoolhouse Road Phase II
Old Bridge Township $312,338.00 Phillips Drive Improvements
Allentown Borough $180,000.00 Improvements to Waldron Road
Englishtown Borough $154,000.00 Heritage Drive & Raymound Court
Manalapan Township $270,000.00 Improvements to Gordons Corner Rd
Matawan Borough $200,000.00 Overbrook Lane Improvements
Millstone Township $180,000.00 Nurko Road
Roosvelt Borough $255,000.00 Improvements of School Lane
Upper Freehold Township $330,000.00 Burlington Path Road
Jackson Township $425,000.00 Improvements to Write DeBow Road
Plumsted Township $218,000.00 Tower Road Resurfacing