The Millstone Times January 2019
Serves: 4-6 • Prep time: 15 mins • Cook time: 25 mins
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (15-oz.) can diced or crushed tomatoes
- 6 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz. penne
- 3/4 lb. cooked chicken breast (about 2 breasts)
- 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook, stirring, until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Stir in tomato paste and red pepper flakes. Add tomatoes and broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add penne and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add chicken, mozzarella, Parmesan, and parsley and season generously with salt and pepper. Let cheese melt, then ladle into bowls.