- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted dates, raisins or prunes • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 small serrano pepper (optional), finely chopped
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets and lightly steamed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 cup mung bean sprouts
Method: In a blender or food processor, purée almond butter, lemon juice, dates, gin- ger, garlic, salt, pepper and 1/3 cup water until smooth. Transfer dressing to a large bowl, add broccoli and cilantro and toss well. Cover and marinate for up to 1 hour. Arrange bean sprouts on a large platter, top with broccoli, garnish with cilantro and serve.
Nutritional Info Per Serving: 150 calories (90 from fat), 10g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 180mg sodium, 10gcarbohydrates, (3 g dietary fiber, 5g sug- ar), 6g protein.