This dish offers a sweet mixture of brown rice, juicy pineapple tasty chicken, and bok choy, tossed with sweet and sour sauce and wrapped in a fresh, crisp romaine lettuce leaf.
• 1 1/2 cups Brown rice, long-grain, regular, dry
• 1 3/4 cups Fresh bok choy, sliced 1/4″
• 1 3/4 cups Canned pineapple tidbits, in 100% juice • 3 cups Cooked chicken strips
• 3/4 cup Sweet and sour sauce
• 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
• 12 Leaves of fresh romaine lettuce, outer leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
2. Combine brown rice and 3 1⁄2 cups water in a large pot and bring to a rolling boil. Turn heat down to
low. Cover and cook until water is absorbed, about 30-40 minutes. Fluff with a fork. A rice cooker may be
used with the same quantity of brown rice and water.
3. In a medium bowl, combine brown rice, bok choy, pineapple, chicken, sweet and sour sauce, and soy
4. Transfer mixture to an 8” x 8” nonstick baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350 °F
for 30 minutes. Cook to an internal temperature of 165 °F or higher for at least 15 seconds (use a food
thermometer to check the internal temperature).
5. Place two lettuce leaves on a plate. Top each with 3⁄4 cup filling.
Optional: garnish with diced red peppers. Fold sides of lettuce in toward center; roll up like burrito. Place seam side down. Serve warm.