Altair Health is one of the first physician-managed healthcare systems of its kind in the nation.
Altair Health, one of the nation’s first physician-managed healthcare systems devoted to comprehensive spine care, has opened in New Jersey. Altair Health is taking the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of spine conditions to the next level.
According to Dr. Chris Valerian, COO of Altair Health, Altair Health is revolutionizing spine care in New Jersey.
“Managed by physicians, Altair Health is bringing together a team of experts from numerous specialties to leverage the power of integrated, evidence-based care – and guide each patient through every step of their treatment – to improve their outcomes,” Valerian explains. “Altair Health patients have convenient access to all of the specialties needed for evaluating and treating spine conditions – whether minor or highly complex – within one integrated healthcare system. A team – includ- ing neurosurgeons, physical therapists, pain management specialists and clinical psychologists, physiatrists, acupuncturists, wellness specialists and more – manages their care from start to finish.”
This end-to-end care navigation starts from the very first contact and continues until the patient is released. It removes any confusion and uncertainty a patient may have as well as ensures uninterrupted care and the continual flow of patient information.
Amongst the Altair Health partners are some of the most progressive physicians and wellness professionals specializing in spine care in the U.S. They include:
- Atlantic NeuroSurgical Specialists (ANS) – the largest neurosurgical practice in New Jersey and one of the most ad- vanced in the country. ANS is steering Altair Health’s efforts to take the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of spine conditions to the next level
- New Jersey Pain Consultants – specialists in rapidly evolving pain management services and treatments. New Jersey Pain Consultants uses an interdisciplinary approach to formulate and implement comprehensive treatment plans that reduce pain and improve function
- Physical therapists, physiatrists, wellness professionals and acupuncturists.
- “The Altair team uses data from numerous registries, including the National Neurosurgical Quality Outcomes Database that measures the quality and efficacy of common spinal and neurosurgical procedures,” Valerian continues. “This nationally gathered data helps us determine the right treatment for the right patient at the right time to get the best outcomes.”
In addition to building its network of physicians and specialists, Altair Health is also building dedicated facilities. Patients will have convenient access to all Altair Health resources and services at its own facilities. They will not have to look outside of the system for best-in-class physical therapy centers and the like.
Altair Health opened two new facilities devoted to spine care:
- Altair Health Morristown features neurosurgeons’ offices located directly across the hall from its physical therapy and wellness center so experts from all disciplines can take a hands-on approach to guiding and monitoring patient care. The building has state-of-the-art exam rooms, an x-ray facility and procedure room. Massage therapy, therapeutic yoga and acupuncture are just some of the wellness services that are offered there.
- Altair Health Surgery Center in Florham Park showcases advanced design and high-tech equipment that enables med- ical professionals to deliver the most advanced medical treatment – including minimally invasive techniques. Here, teams of professionals who specialize only in spine care treat patients. “Altair Health brings a unique approach to spine care to the New Jersey region,” Valerian concludes. “Our unique focus is on guiding patients and delivering the best outcomes possible.