Kickstart mornings with this low carb, Keto breakfast recipe to help you burn fat throughout the day.
- 1 pound low-fat, small-curd cottage cheese (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 Kirby cucumber, shredded, excess moisture squeezed out
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint, rubbed with your fingers to crumble
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup pita chips (about 10 chips)
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 vegetarian stuffed grape leaves, cut in half on the bias
- 12 pitted kalamata olives
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh dill fronds
- Combine the cottage cheese, cucumber, 1 tablespoon of the oil, vinegar, garlic, mint, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors meld. (The tzatziki can be made to this point and refrigerated overnight.)
- Divide the tzatziki evenly among 4 bowls. Dividing evenly, arrange the pita chips, tomatoes, stuffed grape leaves and olives around the tzatziki. Whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil with the lemon juice, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper, and drizzle all over the tzatziki and accompaniments. Garnish with dill.